Municipal Shop Contact Number: 204-353-2028
Landfill Site Contact Number: 204-353-2514
Public Works Personnel
Public Works Manager:
Water and Waste Water Operator:
Provincial Road Information and Concerns:
For provincial road information and/or concerns, the public is to contact the Steinbach Head Office at 204-346-6266.
They will dispatch the call to the appropriate foreman. The phone is staffed during regular business hours. If it is an after-hours emergency, the public is to call 511.
The Public Works Department is responsible for the maintenance of the Municipality's infrastructure such as roads, water and wastewater systems, lagoons, bridges, drainage of land and municipal facilities. Some of the services provided by the Public Works Department are:
- Snow Removal
- Dust Control
- Water Meter Reading
- Culvert Installation Road Maintenance
Public Works Forms:
- Water Connection - Rural, Elie North, Fort Rouge and Springstein
- Water Connection - Elie
- Water Connection - St. Eustache
- Sewer Connection - Elie
- Sewer Connection - Elie North
- Sewer Connection - Rural, Fort Rouge and Springstein
- Sewer Connection - St. Eustache
- Request for Drainage
- Application for Private Works
Water and Waste Water:
- The RM of Cartier is supplied with potable water from the Cartier Regional Water Plant and is distributed within the Municipality to St. Eustache, Elie, Lido Plage, Dacotah and Springstein areas.
- The village of Springstein is serviced by a low pressure wastewater system that is pumped into the Springstein lagoon.
- The town of Elie is serviced by a low pressure and gravity wastewater system that is pumped to the Elie lagoon.
- The village of St. Eustache is serviced by a low pressure wastewater system that is pumped into the St. Eustache lagoon.
- Here is the CRWC Annual Water System Operation Report for download (or it can also be obtained at the office).
- Utility billings are issued quarterly.
- Inquiries can be made to the office at 353-2214, Public Works Department at 353-2028 or Cartier Regional Water Plant at 353-4055.
- Cartier Regional Water Plant is located at 3651 River Road East (corner of Hwy 248 and River Road).
- Dust control is available to rural residents on an annual basis.
- Dust Control Application form. The form can also be obtained at the Municipal Office.
- The RM of Cartier advertises dust control service and application deadlines are in May of each year.
- If you would like to cancel your Dust Control please fill out the Dust Control Cancellation Form.
Summer Hours (April 1 - September 30):
- Tuesday, Friday and Saturday: 8:00 am-4:15 pm
- Wednesday: 11:00 am - 7:15 pm
Winter Hours (October 1 - March 31):
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday: 8:00 am-4:15 pm
The Landfill Site is located on Dugas Siding Road (Road 10 West); 3 miles east of Elie and 1 mile south of the TransCanada Highway. Materials accepted at the Landfill Site are as follows:
List of Unacceptable Items
** Please note signs at the landfill that designate specific areas for acceptable items
(hazardous waste, burnables, etc.). **
Garbage Pick-up is contracted to Laramee Property Services. 2022 Garbage Collection Form.
Inquiries can be made to the Public Works Department at 353-2028 or office at 353-2214.
Locations of Recycling Bins:
- Elie (beside Joe Legault Park)
- St. Eustache (Arena parking lot)
- Lido Plage (Between 3311 & 3321)
- Springstein (Victoria St. at the Post Office Kiosk)
- Dacotah (at the Dacotah Store Historic Site)
- Landfill Site (Dugas Siding Road (10W))
In Manitoba, most #1-5 and #7 plastics are accepted in the blue bin. Only #6 plastics that are NOT Styrofoam (or have a foam texture), can be recycled in your blue bin. The general rule is that if an item is packaging (not a product) and contains one type of plastic, it can be recycled.
Old batteries and cell phones may be dropped off at the RM office to be recycled.
E-Waste can be dropped off at the RM of St. Francois Xavier E-Waste Landfill Site.
SFX Landfill Hours and Location.
Visit the Government of Manitoba Sustainable Development Website to find a list of your nearest EcoDepot.
Clean Farms Recycling Information